Bedford Sign Services Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the GDPR compliance the Data Controller is Bedford Sign Services Ltd with trading address of 6 Coniston Close, Kempston, Bedford, MK42 8JT (registration number [CompRegNo]). The company’s registered address is [RegisteredAddress].
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personally identifiable information such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bedfordsignservices.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email, or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
Where We Store Your Personal Data
We may need to transfer personal data to countries outside of the United Kingdom. When we export your personal data to a different country, we will take steps to ensure that such data exports comply with applicable laws.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To make your use of the services more personalised and convenient
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We take care to allow access to personal data only to those who require such access to perform their tasks and duties as Data Processors, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. Whenever we permit a third party to access personal information, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure the data is used in a manner consistent with this notice and that the security and confidentiality of the data is maintained.
In addition, we make certain personal data available to third parties who provide services to us. We do so on a “need to know basis” and in accordance with applicable data protection and data privacy laws.
- We may also disclose personal data to third parties on other lawful grounds, including:
- To comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for national security or law enforcement purposes)
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of our employees or another person
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business
- With your freely given and explicit consent
We will never disclose your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
You may exercise the rights available to you under data protection law as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Personal data will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this notice or as otherwise required by law.
Access to Information
You may review and update your information stored as a part of your account by contacting our company and requesting such information.
Issues and Complaints
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This notice was drafted with clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in their capacity as the statutory body which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
This policy will be reviewed whenever a change is required or, at minimum, once every 12 months.